Alice Coleman Brown
- Be a United States Citizen.
- Currently be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at Southern University in Baton Rouge, LA. Applicants
must have been a full-time student for the previous semester.
- Experience a record of leadership or participation in community service activities in school and/or community.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). A copy of your official transcript must be included.
- Complete all sections of the Alice Coleman Brown Memorial Scholarship application form.
- Obtain three (3) recommendation forms from Southern University faculty or staff. The scholarship committee will
not accept recommendation forms from persons outside of the University.
- Have all application materials submitted on or before January 15, 2019.
The award will be based on a student showing academic promise, campus or community involvement, the essay
submission and the recommendation forms.
The scholarship selection committee will review all applications. Each applicant will be notified via email of the
committee's decision by January 25, 2019.
Scholarship funds will help defray the costs of college expenses, e.g., tuition fees, books, technological advances.
The scholarship selection committee does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual
orientation, or disability.
Thank you for your interest in the Alice Coleman Brown Memorial Scholarship!
Southern University and A&M College undergraduate students,
meeting the criteria below, will be considered for the $1,500 educational scholarship.
|Eligibility Requirements and Guidelines
|for Education and Humanity!